Tuesday, April 27, 2010

41 days and $2885 to go

A total of 38 miles this week and no sign of my calf cramps! I really feel like I can start pushing the mileage now. My goal will be at least one 20 mile run before the race day.

I wore the compression socks every time I ran this week and was able to rack up the mileage. Last week I covered a total of 30 miles, ending with a 15 mile run on Sunday. This week I covered 38 miles and ended with a Sunday run of 18 miles.

I took this last monday off to recover from my 15 mile run. Tuesday, I ran 5 miles. Wednesday I ran 10 miles. I was feeling pretty good after that run. It was not so long ago that 10 miles felt like a real accomplishment to me. Not wanting to push myself too hard, I rested on Thursday. I finished my weekday runs with another 5 miler on Friday.

After resting on Saturday, I felt ready to tackle my longest run to date on Sunday. I planned a triple "out and back" on a 6 mile course. That gave me the opportunity for a couple of "pit stops" for drinks and a bathroom break as necessary. I have to tell you, though, it was really hard to turn around and go back out on the course the second time I returned. By that time, my legs were really heavy. But, no calf cramps! Halleluja!

Mostly recovered, I started this morning with an easy 3 miler. I am going to make this an easy week to let my body heal from last week's efforts.

No comments: