Sunday, April 19, 2009

147 days and $2385 to go!

It's a little strange to me when I think about last year's Wildflower Triathlon. This time last year I was winding down my training for the triathlon which was held on the first weekend in May. May! that's barely 2 weeks away! Boy, do I feel like a wimp right now! This time last year I was trained and ready to take on what is generally acknowledged as one of the most difficult Half Ironman courses in the country. This year, I'm still dragging around my winter weight and trying to get my training started for this years triathlon season. What a difference a year makes.

For the second weekend in a row, I travelled to Cincinnati. Last weekend for Easter, this weekend for my youngest grandson's first birthday. We also took the opportunity both times to attend Miami University's production of the musical "UrineTown". My youngest daughter, Heather, plays the part of "Soupy Sue" in the musical. It is a very entertaining play (I loved it so much I went twice) with a very weird name.

I think my back is ready for the start of some serious training. I will be in Florida this week. So, this is the perfect opportunity to gradually start training for the running leg of the triathlon. The trick for me, as always, will be to start slowly, giving my body time to adjust. I will have Miranda's magic powder to help ward off the leg cramps and the exercises and stretches from physical therapy to keep my back in shape. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: