Sunday, April 5, 2009

Starting the push for the Nation's Triathlon!

I am psyched! Here is the description of the "Nations Triathlon" course from the website ( http://nationstriathlon.com/course-overview.html ):
"The swim course is in the scenic Potomac River with the Washington Monument operating as your sight line to the swim exit... The bike route takes competitors along the Potomac River and through Rock Creek Park on wide smooth roads perfect for aerobars. The run route is a challenging single loop into downtown DC past the monuments, memorials and history of the Nation’s Capital." It is described as a fast, flat course. I hope to better my Philadelphia time of just under 3 hours.

I am psyched! I'm recovering from one of my periodic bouts with back problems. It started about a month ago. I don't really know what triggered it. This time it didn't respond to the exercises so I went to the Doctors and got some anti-inflamatory medicine and a prescription for physical therapy. The good news is, I was able to participate in the Corporate Run in Florida last Thursday and I actually ran the whole 3 mile course - at an easy 10 minute pace. My hope is to determine a strategy by working with the physical therapist (my first appointment is tomorrow) to keep my back from interrupting my training like this again... I can only hope.

I got on my bike yesterday for the first time in almost a month. Rode for a little over 30 minutes. It felt great. The day was clear and sunny. The temperature was in the upper 40's. I plan to get back on my bike for another ride today before the rain starts later this afternoon. I'm just waiting for it to warm up a little.
Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

Sean said...

I didn't know that you were having back issues again. Glad to hear they are fleeting. Good luck!!