Wednesday, March 24, 2010

75 days and $3185 to go!


I'm not going to talk about training this week. I did spend the weekend in Washington, D.C. learning from Dave Scott, one of the truly great Triathletes. But, while I was there, I met a truly inspiring woman who reminded me why I am part of Team in Training. And, she is happy to let me share her story with you.

Dea is a young mother of two lovely little girls, Lauryn and Jordyn. Two years ago her then 4 year old daughter, Lauryn, was diagnosed with Leukemia. It has been a difficult 2 year journey for Dea, Lauryn, and Jordyn, but in a few short weeks they will be able to throw Lauryn's meds away. She is truly on her way back to full health. Dea is raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society by training for the Steelhead half-ironman triathlon. She knows first-hand the good that the society does for people who are battling cancer.

You can see Lauryn's very touching story of tragedy and hope here.

No comments: