Sunday, March 14, 2010

84 days and $3235 to go!

My schedule called for a light week. And, that's exactly what I did. After last week's 31 miles, I dropped back to 18 miles this week. After a rest day on monday I ran 3 miles on tuesday, 5 miles on wednesday, and 3 miles on thursday. I'm fighting a little muscle tightness just below my right calf - probably as a result of the high mileage of last weeek. So, the easier week should help to resolve that.

A rest day on friday, which consisted of my 15 minute yoga routine was followed by yoga and a 7 mile run on saturday. The 40 degree temperature accompanied by a very cold drizzle seems to have aggravated the muscle tighness below my right calf. So, today I went for a walk. It's feeling better now.

This week, I plan to up the mileage to 24 and end the week with my longest run to date, 12 miles. I will be in Florida for the week and the morning temperatures should be in the 50s. Next weekend, I will be in Washington, D.C. to be certified as a triathlon coach. The training will be conducted by the legendary Ironman Dave Scott. Well, he is certainly legendary to triathlon wonks like me. :) I can't wait!

No comments: