Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Florida rain

It's raining in Florida, pretty much all day, and especially in the morning. I am in Florida for the week on business. Since I don't have a bicycle down here this is always a good time to switch to running. I run early in the morning (6AM) to avoid the Florida heat. But, this time the air is thick with humidity and it's raining pretty much all the time.
Yesterday morning, I left the hotel in a downpour. Turned back immediately to leave my glasses in my room. I see well enough without my glasses and definitely better than through glasses that are dripping with rainwater. The run was an adventure. Many times I was "dancing" through puddles that were almost knee deep. Well, actually, they were just above my ankles. It only seemed deeper. But, that's deep enough. There is really no place for the water to go in southern Florida since it is so flat. The frogs were singing in the many small lakes that quickly formed. They clearly love this weather. The noise was sometimes deafening!
It is actually quite pleasant to run in the rain. Even if it is not raining, I always return to the hotel completely soaked - in sweat! It's really nicer to be soaked in rainwater instead. Also, much cooler. Anyway, I did enjoy the run.
This morning, it was only drizzling and I shortened my run since my achilles tendon felt a little tight from yesterday. Had to dodge the rain drops coming across the street to the office. That's all for now. Still having fun!

No comments: