Friday, September 21, 2007

Weekends!

Got cool plans for the next three saturdays. Tomorrow, my brother and I are planning to bicycle around 60 miles from Cincinnati to Oxford, Ohio (home of Miami University) and back. Along the way, we will be stopping in Millville at my favorite coffee shop, the Cappucino Depot. Millville is also the birthplace of Kenesaw Mountain Landis, the first baseball commissioner. Of course, whenever I go riding with my brother, we always get lost midway through the ride. So a 60 mile ride will probably turn into 65 or 70 miles.
All in a day's ride. :-)
Next saturday, I will anchor a 5 person marathon relay in Akron. This last leg will be about a 7.6 mile run. I think its mainly a group of Team in Training alumni. My kind of people. :-) I'll have to get up around 3:30AM to meet them at 5AM near Akron since the race starts at 7AM.
The saturday after that, I will be back in Cincinnati for Aramac's annual pig roast. I'm hoping to get together again with my brother to bicycle the 60-70 miles from his house to the location of the roast. Great way to build up an appetite for the dinner.
It's gonna be a great few weekends!

No comments: