Thursday, October 11, 2007

Florida rain... again

I shouldn't be surprised. Although, generally, my morning runs down here have been "rain free". But, rain and florida go together like... well, like bacon and eggs. Anyway about 45 minutes into my morning run, just about the time I was thinking that it's getting awfully warm and my legs were starting to feel like lead - some mornings it's just like that - I started to feel a few sprinkles. Then I looked down the long, straight, flat road I was running and saw a billowing curtain of rain about a mile ahead. Thirty seconds later, it hit me, a pretty steady downpour. Refreshingly cool, it washed away all the sweat that had been building for the last 45 minutes. It was great! The only slight downside was that my glasses collected the drops, making it a little harder to see. I loved it anyway. I hardly even noticed the wave that hit me from the passing bus. The water collects quickly in the roads down here. No place for it to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dad, I love how nonchalant you sounded about getting soaked by a passing bus :P