Sunday, January 6, 2008

118 days and $921 to go!

All Bicycles weigh 50 pounds; A 30 pound bicycle needs a 20 pound lock. A 40 pound bicycle needs a 10 pound lock. A 50 pound bicycle doesn't need a lock.
-Bicycle Law

A little Yoga, a little bicycling, a little recouperation. That was my week.

I have fully revcovered from my bout with the virus that seemed to be roaming around my body for the last week. It started in my head, then settled in my muscles for awhile, finally it spent a little time in my stomach before finally leaving for good sometime this week. I think that while the Holidays are a great time to get together with family and friends, they are also a perfect opportunity to swap germs. But hey, I won't let that stop me from enjoying the festivities!

So, between being "under the weather" inside and having less than ideal weather outside - it's not the cold so much as the ice and snow that will keep me from riding - I wasn't able to do too much training. I managed two days outside on the bike and 3 days indoors doing some yoga. The most interesting thing that happened this week was the squirrel in our basement. But that has nothing whatsoever to do with training. :-)

My running shoes are almost totally worn out. So, I ordered a pair of New Balance size 8 4Es at J.C. Penny. I'll pick them up next weekend. Until then, I hope to get in a full week of running in florida - as long as my current shoes hold out. :-)

No comments: