Monday, January 28, 2008

Shakedown cruise

It's a balmy 40 degrees outside, not much wind, full sun, and a (mostly) dry road. Perfect weather to take my new blue cannondale bike out for a spin. My back, while not yet back to full strength is healing nicely and I think I am ready. I'll just do the 10km circuit from my house and back. Seems like a nice distance and I don't want to push it too hard yet. I'll give my back a little more time. The bike rides like a dream! The fit is great. At 20 pounds, it's about 3 pounds lighter than my "Specialized" road bike. I try the aero bars briefly - only briefly because for now I want to keep my back as straight as I can. I'm having a great time! Did I mention the bike rides like a dream? :-)

I will have to get used to the shifters. My road bike has thumb levers to shift to a smaller sprocket in the front and rear. The new bike has smaller finger levers to shift to the smaller sprocket. Not really a problem. It's a great bike!

No comments: