Tuesday, March 18, 2008

12-13 mile run

I started thinking about this yesterday. I wanted to do a run that was long enough to convince myself that I can complete the last leg of my upcoming triathlon. So, I settled on completing two circuits of my 10 kilometer route (12.4 miles). Add the few tenths at the start and finish and I have a run which is closer to 13 than to 12 miles. Good enough.

I woke up around 7 this morning. The temperature was in the low 40s. There was a very light drizzle which persisted throughout the run. It's all about persistence, toughing it out even though the conditions are not ideal. And, they were definitely not ideal! Anyway, I persisted for nearly 2 hours and covered the distance I had set out to complete. My quads (particularly my left) have taken a beating. But, it's training pain I am living with now not injury pain. Big difference! I'll take it easy the next few days - maybe some light bike riding - to give my legs a chance to recover. Building confidence for the race. It's all good!

No comments: