Thursday, November 1, 2007

An amazing evening

Tuesday evening, "Team in Training" had a kickoff dinner and celebration for the spring season. Since I'm doing the Wildflower Triathlon with the "Team" I was invited. This is an amazing group of people. I saw two of my Philly Tri teammates at the event, one of whom is also planning to do Wildflower. I also sat with one of my Akron relay teammates who did the Chicago Triathlon with the "Team" this past summer and is planning to do the Cleveland Marathon this spring.
It is inspirational, to say the least, to get together with such a dedicated and wonderful group. Our team honoree for wildflower is a 7 year old cancer survivor who was diagnosed about 4 years ago with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL). His cancer is currently in remission (thank God!) and his favorite TV personality is "SpongeBob SquarePants". Good choice! :-)
When I hear these stories, I always think of a slogan I saw on a t-shirt at the Philly Tri: "If you think training for a triathlon is tough, you should try chemotherapy."
Amen to that!

No comments: