Saturday, November 10, 2007

Contrasts

Florida this time of year is ideal for morning runs. Temperature in the 60s with low humidity is perfect for a comfortable run. I was able to cover about 5 miles on 3 of the four mornings. I cut back to 3.5 on wednesday because my right calf tightened up on me again. Back to stretching to try to loosen up my calf muscles. Guess there's no silver bullet for these tight muscles. It will have to be a combination of hydration, nutrition (bananas, etc.), stretching, and conditioning to rid myself of this scourge.
Returned home to Mentor yesterday evening to find the temperature in the 40s. This morning I went for a ride in several pairs of shorts, long sweats, a turtle neck, and a tee shirt. Winter gloves kept my hands from freezing in the stiff wind during the ride. I can (and did) comfortably cover 30 miles in one continuous effort. I'm charging the hills to ready myself for the wildflower course next year. A little sore at the end but had enough energy left to cut the grass - mostly leaves this time of year.
Heading back to florida this coming week for more of those great morning runs!

No comments: