Sunday, February 24, 2008

69 days and $503 to go!

"Number one is just to gain a passion for running. To love the morning, to love the trail, to love the pace on the track. And if some kid gets really good at it, that's cool too."
Pat Tyson

I think I'm starting to hit my stride again! I'm definitely regaining my passion for running. I know that injury is all part of this "game" I have chosen for myself, but injury has a way of taking the fun out of it as well.

In florida this week I made a tentative effort to rehabilitate my injured right knee and build back up to a reasonable running distance. Tuesday, wednesday, and thursday saw me gradually build up to a continuous 3-4 mile run. I am definitely seeing some success in getting back to the training necessary to complete the 13 mile final leg of the triathlon I will run in May.

What gives me even more confidence is that yesterday I completed a 5 mile run while I was in Houston for a conference. It was an enjoyable run and to round it out I walked an additional 8 miles (4 each way), between the hotel and the venue for the conference. My quads are a little sore, but that's a "good" pain, signalling only that the muscles are growing stronger.

After I returned home today I donned my cold weather "layers" of clothes and went for a 12 mile ride on my bike. I'll probably give the running a bit of a rest this week since I'm home and work on the bike instead. Gotta find a way to get back in the pool! :-)

No comments: