Wednesday, February 27, 2008

California Dreamin'

As in "It's a nice place to visit, but...". Yesterday and today we got hit hard with snow. I'm "snowed in" at the moment and going a little stir crazy. With just a little over two months to go until the Wildflower Triathlon and plenty of training to do after my recent troubles I can't seem to get a consistent week of workouts in. Well, for most of the next two weeks I'll be in warmer climes. Next tuesday through friday I'll be in San Francisco for a conference. I've been poking around the internet for some good routes around Frisco to do a 5-10 mile run. Maybe I'll just wing it when I get there. The hills will be good training. I will take full advantage of them

The following week, from monday through friday, I'll be in florida. I know my routes there. This will be a good chance to start to rebuild my running stamina. Long, slow distance will be my mantra for the next month or so. Got to build up to 13 miles for the race in early May.

No comments: