Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Akron Aeros vs. the Altoona Curves

Last evening my wife and I joined two of our friends at Canal Park in Akron at a baseball game pitting the Akron Aeros and the Altoona Curves. This is the first I've heard of either minor league baseball team. When I first heard the name of the Akron team I thought they were the "Arrows" not the "Aeros". We had a great time!

We parked the car with plenty of time to see the start of the game at 7:05PM. But, we hadn't seen our friends for several years so we decided, "the game can wait", and went to dinner. After a pleasant time and great food at a slightly upscale restaurant we slipped into the ball park noticing that the Aeros were down 3-0. I immediately recognized the ball park as the venue for the finish of the Akron Marathon where I competed in a relay race last september. Small world! I remember running into the park to the finish line which must have been near where home plate was this evening. Cool!

Anyway, we must have brought the Aeros luck since shortly after we arrived they started scoring. The game ended with the Aeros winning 5-3. All in all a very enjoyable evening!

No comments: