Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My "Baby's" trip to China...

My youngest is on a two week tour of China. Here is what she writes about her first day:

Hey everyone!
My goodness, China is way cool... once you get past all the pollution :P Beijing is absolutely beautiful with roses everywhere. When I first arrived, jetlag was kind of slowing me down, but once I got over that I was able to get excited and really enjoy the scenery. I have taken so many pictures, so be prepared.

*sigh* Today we went to see the Temple of Heaven, famous for the Echo Wall. The architecture is very interesting, and it is just amazing to me how much thought was put into the design of the whole thing, and the scale of it is simply astonishing. Then for dinner, we had the famous Peking Duck... so good! I was worried about the food, but so far it's been very good. Also, I don't think you'll believe this... but after dinner we were walking through Beijing, and their were street vendors selling varying kinds of shishkabobs... and I tried scorpion and cricket (very crunchy and salty, but not bad), and I attempted silkworm, but it was a little too juicy, I had to spit it out :P

We also went to a very famous silk store (it was huge!) and learned how the silk was made while watching the whole process. So expect some silk souvenirs, as this was probably the cheapest place I could buy silk in the world.

I may not write in awhile as internet access is kind of expensive, but I miss and love you guys.

No comments: