Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Jury Duty?

Well, my "jury duty" started on tuesday last week. We have been instructed to call a number at the court house after 5PM on monday to find out if we will be serving on the following day, tuesday. Last monday I called the number to discover that our services were not needed last week. The instructions continued to say that I should call the same number the following monday (week two) to find out if I was needed the following day. So, I called the number last evening. I will not be needed tomorrow.

I'm starting to get the picture here. Being on jury duty means being "on call" and available for three weeks on the chance that there is a trial which needs your services. One more week to go. I will call the number next monday to see if they need me at all next week.

I feel like I'm going through "southern Florida" withdrawal. I am so used to travelling there every other week that it seems strange to be home for even two weeks in a row, let alone three. I have scheduled a trip for the first week in June. We'll see what happens next week with the jury duty.

No comments: