Saturday, December 15, 2007

140 days and $1710 to go!

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
-H.G. Wells

Brrr! It's cold. I'm generally not a fan of riding my bike when the temperature is below 30 degrees. But, these days I'm not so particular since the days of 60, 50, even 40 degree weather are gone for now. So, I braved the temperature this morning, since the roads are clear, for about 7 miles.

It's been a good week. I got two 45-50 minute runs in while I was in Florida earlier in the week. So far, no problems with calf cramps. I continue to massage my calves every day using either my thumbs or a massage stick. From a colleague, I found out there is a third technique called Myofascial Release, which I am going to try. So far, so good!

I went to a Team in Training bike clinic Wednesday evening and drooled over all the nice bikes. I'm thinking seriously about getting a second bike, one that is built for riding in triathlons. We'll see. At least I think I will stop by that store to have my road bike adjusted to fit me. See what difference that makes.

I'm still looking for a good place to swim laps, so I can try out some of the drills I am learning at the swimming clinics at Oberlin College. Maybe I will check out the Painesville YMCA.

No comments: